WOODLANDS RACING SYNDICATES
Our Woodlands Partnership Syndicates have proved to be very successful with members having enjoyed multiple successes on both sides of the Tasman over the years.
The intention of our syndicates is to give affordable access to racing with a focus on trying to get new people involved in the industry, and we have a whole lot of fun along the way!
How it works;
- The syndicate horses are leased from the Stud and/or outside parties and members enjoy a 3 - 4 year racing lease on each of the horses.
- Each syndicate has six - eight horses on the books
- Members make a monthly payment of $300 to cover the cost of those horses.
- The horses are trained by the best trainers New Zealand has to offer. These include Barry Purdon, Tony Herlihy, John and Joshua Dickie, Cran Dalgety, Ken & Tony Barron, Steve Telfar & Chris Garlick, Ray Green and Phil Wiliamson.
Some of the horses currently included in the Woodlands Partnership Syndicates are;
- Speeding Spur 5 x Group1's & $690,000 in stakes to date
- Spirit of Delight nearly $10,000 in stakes set to resume racing in premier company
- Monet Grace race winner - infoal due to be retired to stud
- Madam Spur 4 wins to date
- Sea of Gold 2YO full sister to Gold Ace (22 wins & over $1.2million in earnings)
- Della's Spur set to trial soon
- A Bettor's Delight full sister to Elios (3 x Group wins)
- A Bettor's Delight full sister Spanish Armada (6 x Group 1 wins - $780,,000 in stakes to date)
- A full brother to Speeding Spur
- A Bettor's Delight filly out of a 9 win Christian Cullen mare
- An Artsplace filly out of a 7 win Chirstian Cullen mare
Woodlands Partnership Syndicate No3. starts 1 June 2017 - click here for more info
Woodlands Partnership Syndicate No2. - one share has been come available - click here for more info
If you would like more information on the Woodlands Partnership Syndicates or to register your interest in Syndicate No.3 please contact the
Woodlands Racing Manager on 021 595 492 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SUCCESS ON THE TRACK - NZ Breeder of the Year 2015/16
Over the years some of Australasia's leading racehorses have been bred and reared at Woodlands Stud. These include Adore Me, Have Faith in Me, Pacing Major, Speeding Spur, Linda Love Grace, My Hard Copy, Spanish Armada and Party On.
Many of these quality racehorses were purchased out of our drafts at the Mixed Age and Australasian Yearling Sales held at Karaka annually. Some have been retained and raced by Charles Roberts and or the Woodlands Partnership Syndicates.
The past season has seen 23 winning Woodlands Stud bred horses, earning their owners $954,199 which contributed to us receiving the award for 2015/16 NZ Breeder of the Year. Our 2015/16 NZ based winners were; Spanish Armada, Pacing Major, Partyon, Speeding Spur, The Faithful, Bettor Spirits, Bettor Dream, Besotted, Can't Refuse, Perfect Storm, God's Delight, Wingsonhai, Joanednobettor, Pocket Of Jewels, Bettabe Perfect, Cut The Cards, Everlasting Grace, Madam Spur, Gina Grace, Whale Rider, Bettor Be A Lady, Glenisthebettor, Whale Rider. Congratulations to all their connections.
Woodlands Bred Australasian Winners for the 2016/17 Season so far are;
Acceptance, All U Need is Faith, Bettor Be Supreme, Bettor Offer, Bettor Spirits, Can't Refuse, Classie American, Forgotten Highway, Giuliana Rancic, GlenIsTheBettor, God's Delight, Ideal Pleasure, Ideal Success, Idealistic, It's Inevitable, Joanednobettor, Limestone Bay, Madam Spur, Monet Grace, My Hard Copy, Pacing Major, PartyOn, Pocket More For Less, Rose Hill, Spanish Armada, Speeding Spur, That’s Rite, The Boys GNP, The Faithful, The Kaik, Three Ways, Turbulent Flow, Whale Rider